Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SOOK

It has dawned on me that I have less than 5 months left in this beautiful city. And people back 'home' are not exactly helping matters (I'm not blaming them - don't get me wrong) when they ask questions like,

"when are you coming back?"      
"Don't know. Stop asking."
"i can't wait for you to be back!"    
"If I could, I'd rather not." 
"what are you gonna do when you come back?"      
"I don't know. And if you've asked this before, I would recommend that you stop asking the same question because I.DONT.KNOW."
"when you come back, we can go do *this* *this* *this* and *this."
"I'd rather not. Leave me alone. Don't plan things for me if I didn't give you the green light."


The lines in blue are just what i feel like answering. I actually say different things to people because I am not normally that rude. I would still answer your questions properly if I know you mean no harm.

Yeah so I am currently trying to spend as much quality time with the people here that I love. But somewhere inside me, there's just this increase of sadness as days go past. Okay I'm just being mean because if I were to be going somewhere exciting (i.e. the States or  Europe), I wouldn't feel whatever I feel right now (or so I think).

Expectations. It scares me a lot. The whole 'you will have to work, work, work, and we expect this much from you' - scares me a big lot. It annoys me when I'm not known as *inserts own name* but as 'my father's daughter' (i.e Miss *inserts last name*). Because I think as much as I know it's tough, I do want my own identity.

And I feel like I have my own identity here. Which is why I never want to leave..

Sook is me, me is Sook. Even that word has an identity of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment